Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Upgrade Path Defined| Migration & Upgrade SharePoint Upgrade & Migration
A recent change has been communicated for all current Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 B2 (Beta 2) customers. The change will require customers who wish to upgrade their B2 environments to first apply B2 Technical Refresh prior to upgrading to RTM, Windows SharePoint Services will not support B2 to RTM direct upgrades.
Previously announced upgrade paths will remain unchanged at this time:
B2 Technical Refresh remains planned as a release patch, upgrading to RTM will require the modification of a Registry key, uninstalling B2 Technical Refresh, and then installing RTM. This will be documented in both B2TR and RTM.
I’ll post additional information on this change as it is made available.
More like this...
- Transitioning from Authoratative Web Pages to Answers in SharePoint Online
- Microsoft 365 migration on your terms with new improvements to the SharePoint Migration Tool
- Kick start the new year and your cloud migration with new SharePoint Migration Tool improvements
- Migrating to Microsoft Teams using the SharePoint Migration Tool
- What’s new and what’s coming w/ SharePoint & OneDrive Security, Compliance, & Administration – October 2018