Hybrid Upgrade Approach added to TechNet| Migration & Upgrade SharePoint Upgrade & Migration
I was reviewing the Microsoft Office SharePoint Server TechNet article Determine upgrade approach and realized an article I have been working internally over the past few weeks has been published and introduced to the three existing upgrade approaches of in-place, gradual, and database migration. The upgrade approach itself is described/labeled as a hybrid upgrade approach which combines both the gradual and database migration approaches permitting administrators to preview a subset of site collections prior to upgrading the remainder of the environment (for those who have attended my TechReady, etc. presentations, the approach is familiar). While a complex approach, it offers the ability to provide production upgrade previews without the cost of implementing additional hosting hardware. Read more…
More like this...
- Transitioning from Authoratative Web Pages to Answers in SharePoint Online
- Microsoft 365 migration on your terms with new improvements to the SharePoint Migration Tool
- Kick start the new year and your cloud migration with new SharePoint Migration Tool improvements
- Migrating to Microsoft Teams using the SharePoint Migration Tool
- What’s new and what’s coming w/ SharePoint & OneDrive Security, Compliance, & Administration – October 2018