Announcing the Beta Release of the SharePoint Asset Inventory ToolGovernance
In the past several weeks, I’ve traveled along the west coast and overseas discussing governance as it applies to SharePoint Products and Technologies and am delighted to announce the availability of the beta of the SharePoint Asset Inventory Tool.
The SharePoint Asset Inventory Tool is single reporting application that can be used to mitigate SharePoint Products and Technologies server proliferation by scanning the network for server machines with Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 and/or Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 installed. The SharePoint Asset Inventory Tool leverages SQL Server Reporting Services to generate detailed reports on the location, content, and usage of the SharePoint Products and Technologies and incorporates an open model to enable administrators and IT Pros to create and generate custom reports tailored to their environments and the information pertinent to them.
To learn more about the SharePoint Asset Inventory Tool visit http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=103035 or download the beta release on Microsoft Connect at https://connect.microsoft.com/programdetails.aspx?ProgramDetailsID=1600.
| Bill Baer |
More like this...
- Governance Resources for SharePoint 2010
- Service Connection Points and Governance with SharePoint Server 2010
- Microsoft IT Site Delete Capture LE Version 1.0 Released
- Dynamic Application of Master Pages in Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
- Free PacWest Sales Event - SharePoint Products and Technologies Governance