Installation notice for the SharePoint Server Public Beta on Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 and Microsoft Windows 7IT Pro Resources Migration & Upgrade SharePoint SharePoint Server 2010
If you will be installing the SharePoint Server Public Beta on Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 or Microsoft Windows 7 you will need to download and install an update from http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/Downloads/DownloadDetails.aspx?DownloadID=23806 to resolve an issue that occurs in Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 when provisioning Service Applications or when accessing pages that make service calls. These operations will result in an error “System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Unrecognized attribute ‘allowInsecureTransport’. Note that attribute names are case-sensitive. (C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft SharedWeb Server Extensions14WebClients
If you have already installed Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 on a server running Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 or Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 does not need to be reinstalled when the update becomes available; however, Service Applications that have been successfully provisioned without the update installed may need to be removed and re-provisioned once the update has been successfully applied.
Bill Baer, Technical Product Manager – US-SharePoint
| Bill Baer |
More like this...
- Transitioning from Authoratative Web Pages to Answers in SharePoint Online
- Microsoft 365 migration on your terms with new improvements to the SharePoint Migration Tool
- Kick start the new year and your cloud migration with new SharePoint Migration Tool improvements
- Migrating to Microsoft Teams using the SharePoint Migration Tool
- What’s new and what’s coming w/ SharePoint & OneDrive Security, Compliance, & Administration – October 2018