Hybrid Self-Service Site Creation Now Available in SharePoint Server 2016Hybrid SharePoint SharePoint Server 2016
Hybrid self-service site creation allows an administrator of SharePoint Server 2016 to redirect the site creation experience to SharePoint Online where users are prompted to create sites through the modern site and group creation flow. To configure hybrid self-service site creation: Install the November 2017 Public Update for SharePoint Server 2016. Once installed, the option to configure hybrid self-service site creation will be available in SharePoint Central Administration. To configure hybrid self-service site creation, select the Web application to configure and follow the configure options. NOTE Hybrid self-service site creation respects your hybrid audience settings. If you use a hybrid audience, members of the hybrid audience will be redirected to SharePoint Online for self-service site creation, while on-premises only users will continue to be directed to self-service site creation in SharePoint Server. When a user visits the self-service site creation Url on-premises, they will be redirected to the SharePoint Online site/group creation flow. To learn more about hybrid self-service site creation in SharePoint Server 2016 visit https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt844720(v=office.16).aspx.
| Bill Baer |
More like this...
- Transitioning from Authoratative Web Pages to Answers in SharePoint Online
- Microsoft 365 migration on your terms with new improvements to the SharePoint Migration Tool
- Kick start the new year and your cloud migration with new SharePoint Migration Tool improvements
- Migrating to Microsoft Teams using the SharePoint Migration Tool
- What’s new and what’s coming w/ SharePoint & OneDrive Security, Compliance, & Administration – October 2018