Master Page Example| Code Samples
I used the sample master pages at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepointdesigner/HA102223711033.aspx in several Feature Stapling/Receiver demonstrations over the past year and was asked if I could provide the solution package I compiled using the Clarity master page (see image) in conjunction with a Feature Receiver to update the master page on both site collections and Webs. I’ve finally gotten around to uploading the .wsp, so for those interested it can be downloaded here.
Copy the Clarity Master Page.wsp to a location on a Web front-end computer.
Open a Command Prompt and change directories to %commonprogramfiles%Microsoft SharedWeb Server Extensions12BIN.
Run STSADM -o addsolution -filename “
Run STSADM -o deploysolution -name “Clarity Master Page.wsp” -immediate -force -allowGacDeployment and wait for the operation to complete.
Run STSADM -o execadmsvcjobs and wait for the operation to complete.
NOTE Existing site collections will not be affected and can be modified either through SPD or the SharePoint UI.
Newly created site collections and Webs will receive the Clarity master page.
More like this...
- Using a Flic Smart Button as a PowerPoint Remote
- FileChecker Migration Assessment Sample Available for SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business
- Quick Starting Demos and Windows PowerShell
- Yammer Redirection in SharePoint Server 2013 Service Pack 1
- Code Samples, Simple Translation using CSOM, REST, and Machine Translation Services